We make your transactions more secure
To provide you with a secure facility to manage your business thorough our website, we have implemented a modern technology infrastructure with data encryption that allows our customers to make secure and reliable operations through transaction module. Remember that the only authorized site for you to access the information and transaction services of the international agencies or affiliates of Banco de Bogotá is www.bancodebogotainternacional.com.
We certified our website
To give you security when accessing our website, we have a digital certificate with the firm Thawte. It is one of the leading companies in this field internationally. This certificate is an electronic document that guarantees the identity of an organization or website and prevents another website from forging the identity of the original server.
Maximum data encryption
We have the maximum data encryption possible available on the market. The use of the digital certificate, the SSL and HTTPS security protocols and the 128-bit encryption provide the necessary elements to establish a secure connection and prevent the information transmitted via the network from being seen by unauthorized persons.
We control access to our systems
For your security, we have the necessary tools to control access to our information systems and we constantly research and update our infrastructure to achieve a level of security in line with the market standards.
We identify our users
We have the highest security standards for the authentication of users who enter the transaction website. Additionally, we have control mechanisms on the transactions made through our website.
We verify your transactions
We support the accurate logging of your transactions through confirmation messages that allow you to check the information of the requested operations.
Authentication of customers
Our Customers can register and access the transaction website with the peace of mind that comes with the use of the highest security standards that are internationally supported. Access to the transactional website requires Customer authentication through options in addition to the user name and password, which are different for Individuals and Corporate Clients.
We provide you with a secure connection - Learn how to recognize it
Listed below are the main signs of a secure internet page:
- Before accessing the page, a message will appear notifying you that you are about to enter a secure site, provided the alert has not been deactivated.
- A padlock will appear on the bottom-right-hand side of the screen which indicates that your connection is secure at the moment because the information being sent from your computer to the Bank's web site is being encrypted.
- Another feature that indicates that your connection to the Bank is secure when entering the website of the corresponding affiliate or agency is that the following address will appear: https://www.bancodebogotainternacional.com
Beware of phishing
Phishing is a type of internet fraud that uses "misleading" email messages and fraudulent websites designed to confuse the recipients into revealing their personal financial information such as credit or debit card numbers, passwords, user names or other personal information such as ID numbers or TIN.
How can you detect it?
At Banco de Bogotá we make the commitment to protect your privacy and security. Please follow these recommendations:
When using the website services, please note the following:
- Use secure places to make your transactions. Do not make them from public places such as internet cafés, airports, etc. .
- Make sure you log out before leaving the place where you entered your password.
- Keep your computer up-to-date with the latest operating system security patches (Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware and personal Firewalls). Consult your software manufacturer for more information.
- Do not fill out forms that come in emails.
- Never reply to requests for personal information by email
- To visit the Bank's website, enter the address www.bancodebogotainternacional.com, in the address bar.
- Frequently check your bank balances and credit cards.
- Report possible crimes related to your personal information to the adequate authorities.
- The only authorized website to make online monetary transactions is: www.bancodebogotainternacional.com
- Regularly change your PIN, especially if you have had to use a public place or computer to access your account.
- Use caution when entering passwords on your computer: Remember that for your own security, passwords must NEVER be saved. Memorize your personal PIN number and do not write it down.
- Protect your computer and software from viruses, and if you detect them, take immediate action in order to not infect another system.
To update your information:
- The Bank will NEVER request confidential information such as passwords, addresses, telephone numbers, account numbers, ID numbers, card numbers or internet user names.
- The request to update information is only managed from the transaction website. Immediately notify us if someone requests this information on behalf of the Bank.
- Carefully go over your monthly account statements and notify us as soon as possible if you detect any error or suspicious activity.
- If you receive an email requesting confidential information such as passwords, card numbers or user names please immediately inform your Account Manager in our agencies or affiliates, attaching the email received.
- After three failed attempts to access the transaction website, your account will be blocked and you must contact the corresponding Affiliate or Agency via telephone or through the "Contact us" option available on the Customer Service Menu.
- www.bancodebogotainternacional.com. has Thawte certification to provide secure transactions.
Privacy and Security Policies
Banco de Bogotá (the Bank) and its agencies or affiliates (hereinafter the "Agencies") makes available to its users through the web address: www.bancodebogotainternacional.com.
However, the user accepts and recognizes that the information contained on each web page or internet service applicable to the agencies and affiliates is designed for use, essentially, by individuals, companies or any other entity residing in the jurisdiction where said agency or affiliate is located or that access the website from said jurisdiction, for which the Bank and its agencies and affiliates decline all responsibility for access by individuals or companies or any other entity in jurisdictions where said use may be contrary to the rules or regulations.
Use of the website by any user entails full acceptance of these conditions and criteria that are always displayed on the website, according to the published version in force at any time. That is why it is recommended that users carefully read the conditions and instructions displayed on the web pages every time they access them, as well as always reload the content found in the cache memory of the users' computers with the aim to receive completely up-to-date information.
All of this without prejudice to the specific conditions that regulate every product and service that when hired are accessible through the web pages.
In compliance with the regulations in force, Banco de Bogotá S.A. its agencies and affiliates have adopted the technical and organizational measures necessary to maintain the required level of security for dealing with the personal information involved. Likewise, it is equipped with the exact mechanisms in the Bank's scope to prevent unauthorized access, illegal alterations and theft and data loss, as far as possible.
However, if you post personal information online that can be accessed by the public, it is possible that you will receive unsolicited messages from other people and that your information will be known by third parties.
For all of the above, it is recommended that you are very careful regarding this matter and use of all the security tools you have at your disposal. Banco de Bogotá S.A., nor its agencies or affiliates, will be liable for illegal data loss, alterations or theft.
Users have rights to access, recertification, cancellation and opposition recognized by law, where applicable, regarding their personal information, being able to exercise these rights in the corresponding legal notices of the agency or corresponding affiliate. Similarly, users may revoke the authorization they have given for the use or transfer of their information at any time, without prejudice to the right of Banco de Bogotá S.A. its agencies and affiliates to settle the contract or transaction it concerns, when said information is essential for its proper use. Users may also alter the information that they have provided to Banco de Bogotá S.A. its agencies and affiliates through the websites, in the way indicated on them.
Under no circumstances shall Banco de Bogotá S.A., its agencies and affiliates, and/or its managers, employees and authorized personnel be responsible for any kind of damages, losses, claims or expenses of any kind, whether or not they result from the use of the website, from the information acquired or accessed through it, from computer viruses, from operational failures or interruptions to the service or transmission, or failures on the line. The use of the website, whether by direct connection or by a link or other means, constitutes a warning to any user of the possibility that these events may occur.
Banco de Bogotá, S.A. its agencies and affiliates are not responsible for unaffiliated web pages that may be accessed through links or for any content made available to third parties. Any use of a link or access to an unaffiliated web page is done at the user's sole discretion and risk. Banco de Bogota, S.A. its agencies and affiliates do not recommend or guarantee any information obtained from or through a link, nor shall they be responsible for any loss, claim or damages resulting from the use or misuse of a link, or for the information obtained through it, including other links or web pages, for the interruption to the service or in the access or attempt to use or misuse a link, whether it is to access the website or to access the information of other web pages from the website.
This Banco de Bogotá International website and the content thereof (including the website) and all the information available via www.bancodebogotáinternacional.com is property of Banco de Bogotá S.A. and/or its agencies and affiliates. Intellectual property rights and the rights of use and reproduction of this website, its pages, screens, information, appearance and design, as well as any hyperlinks therein to other websites of any company affiliated with Banco de Bogotá S.A. are the exclusive property thereof unless otherwise specified. All the names, designs and/or logos that make up the page are duly registered trademarks. Any abuse thereof by a person other than the rightful owner may be prosecuted in accordance with the current legislation. Intellectual property rights and third-party trademarks are conveniently highlighted and are to be observed by anyone accessing the website. The content may be downloaded and any page of the website may be copied or printed for personal and private use only. Reproduction, transmission, modification or deletion of the information, content or warnings on this website without prior written authorization of Banco de Bogotá S.A. and/or its agencies and affiliates is prohibited.
Banco de Bogotá S.A. may change the content of the website at any time in order to adapt it to the services and products it provides, as well as the image and structure it deems most appropriate. In the event of any discrepancy between the content of the website and the information offered by Banco de Bogotá, S.A., the latter shall prevail.
Banco de Bogotá, S.A. warns that any reference or remission on the Banco de Bogotá International website to the products or services of third parties that are not affiliates of Banco de Bogotá S.A. (through hypertext, explicit reference, coupling, etc.) does not necessarily constitute or imply in any way support, sponsorship recommendation or endorsement by Banco de Bogotá S.A.